See what is new at the library! Click the link below to view new book lists, the Library Newsletter, the Library Brochure, and announcements.
Presentations to Faculty
The following library presentation was given at the Dec. 17, 2012 Professional Development Day.
This guide serves as a faculty resource for information on the various faculty-specific services the library offers. Please click on the tabs above this introduction to navigate the various topics covered. Information is presented in a FAQs format.
The library staff are your partners in student success. Our goal is to make the students' and the instructors' library experiences and access to information as easy as possible so that they can better complete their assignments. When faculty communicate with library staff regarding class assignments, then we can accomplish this goal. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions at any time. We are always open to new ideas and suggestions on how we can better serve you.
Library Mission & Goals
The mission of the CCCC Libraries is to provide information access and to promote information literacy in supporting the educational programs and mission of the college.
To accomplish this mission, the Libraries strive to meet the following goals in serving the college community:
- To provide information resources in a variety of formats, including print and electronic, to support instructional programs, diverse patron needs, and varying aptitudes, while fostering personal growth and cultural enrichment.
- To instruct students, faculty, staff, and other patrons in the effective use of information resources, through class instruction and/or individual reference assistance, that they may become information literate library users.
- To provide computers and a variety of audiovisual equipment and other technologies for accessing electronic resources and facilitating instructional delivery and study.
- To provide access to additional information resources through cooperative relationships with other libraries, educational institutions, and consortia, as well as through interlibrary loan services.
- To provide resources and services to distance education learners that are equivalent to those offered to on-campus students.
- To maintain an environment conducive to study and learning by providing attractive, comfortable facilities and organized, accessible collections.
- To seek continual improvement and to meet the needs of the college community by maintaining open lines of communication and/or collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and other patrons through surveys, committees, Internet, social media, or other methods.
Central Carolina Community College Library
1105 Kelly Drive
Sanford, NC 27330
Director of Library Services